It's the time of year when our immune systems need a little work out! While the Flu always seems to take center stage, all hope is not lost - there is much you can do to keep yourself healthy! Try adding these simple ideas into your basic be-well repertoire.
1. Una Biologicals' Flu Fighter Tea - this tea tastes great & works thanks to organic Elderberries. Elderberries have been scientifically proven to be effective against 8 types of flu strains. They help prevent the virus from attached to your healthy cell enzymes. We also add in lots o Vitamin C herbs to give you a little extra boost. Pick some up at your local retailer!
2. Take those Vitamins. Omega3 and B vitamins support immune health, and keeping your body in tip-top running condition will help it fight off those nasty germs you are sure to come into contact with.
3. Positive thinking. Even though it sounds hokey, it can really help. Tell your body it is healthy, it can stay healthy, and mean it! If you are under the weather, tell the germs to get out (and try the Lion Pose – silly but great at expelling germs). It's really rather empowering.
4. Work your Lymphatic System! This is a big deal & easily done. Your Lymphatic system run throughout your entire body & is connected to your circulatory system. Though it does a lot, one major role is to move your white blood cells (the infection fighters) throughout your body. To invigorate your lymphatic system stretch your arms out wide - you should feel it pull and open under your arms (major lymph gland area). Do a few side bends to stretch your side body and open help open the lymphatic vessels, and massage your lymph glands in your neck & under arms. You can do this as often as you remember.
5. Finally, go exercise and sweat! Allow your largest organ, your skin, to help you excrete toxins that are building up. Exercise also promotes greater blood flow and helps energize your internal organs so they can to more effectively cleanse the germ army from your body. The more effectively your physical body is working, the healthier it is able to keep itself as well!
Sending you some love for a Flu Free season...